Monday 1 April 2013

Fashion Icon

Jaws played at The Joiners in Southampton again on Saturday 30th March; I went to see them with my friend Georgia. I saw them on Valentines Day supporting Swim Deep and they were brilliant so obviously I had to see them again. 

This gig was different to the previous gig. Jaws didn't seem to fit in with the other bands playing that night as the others were all quite folky and mellow and I think only a handful of people in the crowd had gone to the gig to actually see Jaws. Don't get me wrong, their set was amazing and they performed so well, but I felt sorry for them as it seemed like only half of the crowd wanted to be there. Jaws were fabulous, I just feel the crowd were a let down and it may have ruined their gig as they'd had such a brilliant response before. However, I think the crowd that were there for Jaws were amazing and it was easy to identify those who had gone to see Jaws but the rest of the crowd needed to be swapped/replaced with that of the previous gig in February; it lacked the Swim Deep vibe. 5 *'s for Jaws, 4 *'s for the Jaws fans and 1 * for the remainder of the audience. 

Since the Jaws gig I've been on a bit of a Jaws hype and haven't stopped listening to them and yesterday I went round my sister's house for a roast as it was Easter Sunday.  I wasn't quite sure what to wear, so I'd decided to take a leaf out of Connor Schofield's book and use him as a fashion icon for the day.  

Connor wore a simple yellow t-shirt with a jazzy patterned shirt over the top, and jeans.
I'd chosen to wear my Swim Deep t-shirt with a baggy paisley shirt over the top with jeans.
(I apologise for the awful picture quality)


I was a bit hasty whether to wear this combo or not but after 5 mins of wearing it I could tell it was going to be a success due to the fact it was so comfortable! I will definitely be wearing various combinations of t-shirts/shirts which means I will have to purchase more shirts to wear over the top. I usually just wear this shirt tucked into a pair of jeans or my black leather-look skater skirt so it was a nice change from the ordinary. 


Jaws have just released their new single Friend Like You which is avaliable to download from iTunes now

and you can pre-order their Milkshake EP on vinyl which is out 22nd April (only 21 days!)


Tara x









No comments:

Post a Comment